Sliced Bread (I use 100% whole wheat)
Grated cheese (optional)
- Take a slice of bread and cut out a 2" hole or oval in the center.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the bread in the pan (along with the piece that's the hole) and break an egg into the hole.
- My kids prefer a scrambled egg, so I break the yolk and swirl the egg around, spreading it over the bread. If you like an easy-over egg, don't break the yolk.
- Fry until lightly browned on the bottom and then flip over (along with the hole). At this point, I sprinkle a little grated cheddar on top and cover with a lid until melted.
- Serve immediately... "Mmmm, just like Grammy used to make."