1 - 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey (or use roasted turkey cut into small pieces, about 2 cups)
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
1 cup corn
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan, brown the turkey and break it into little chunks as it cooks. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add oil and saute onions until soft. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Put turkey back in pot and add tomatoes, black beans, corn, green chilis and spices.
- Heat to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with corn bread on the side and grated cheese on top. (Some of us also added some Hot Giardiniera and it tasted wonderful).