1 lb of thick cut bacon
Fresh dates or prunes (same number as you have slices of bacon)
4 oz goat cheese
2 tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. cumin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Partially cook the bacon on paper towels in the microwave. The slices should still be completely flexible, but you want to try to get rid of some of the grease.
- Combine the brown sugar and cumin in a small bowl.
- Lay out each slice of bacon and sprinkle with 1/2 of the brown sugar/cumin mixture.
- Take about 2-3 tsp. of goat cheese in a wad and press it against one side of the date. Wrap a piece of bacon around the date/cheese cupping the bottom of the cheese with the bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick and stand upright on a cookie sheet. Repeat with each slice of bacon. Sprinkle remaining sugar and cumin on the top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Serve immediately.